We have a wide range of compressor wheels available for passenger cars through to larger commercial vehicles and off highway applications:
- All our compressor wheels are manufactured, cast machined and balanced at high quality facilities;
- High balancing specification is achieved by using fully automated, OEM equivalent balancing equipment.
The quality of the material and the casting process is extremely important to produce a high strength cast compressor wheel:
- Post process treatments are critical to ensure the correct strength is achieved, if the compressor wheel is not strong enough, it will fail;
- Many low quality compressor wheel failures are often mistaken to be standard turbo failures e.g. loss of blade could be foreign object damage, signs of overspeeding – this could be due to poor material quality rather than the turbo overspeeding;
- The blades bend in the heat and suffer from fatigue causing them to break off on low quality wheels;
- Melett compressor wheels are manufactured to the correct specification, ensuring their strength;
- Melett’s threaded bore compressor wheels are produced to the same specifications as OEM components;
- We also produce Machined From Solid (MFS) compressor wheels. These are becoming increasingly popular as new OEM developments continue to arrive in the aftermarket.
For further information contact Melett via [email protected] or to order [email protected] T: 01226 320939